Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Vacation Days don't really mean Vacation

I have taken several vacation days and been on what most consider a vacation. Honestly, though, I don't feel like I'm on vacation. Some may consider this complaining, and yes, it is, but I just have to say it like it is. I'm totally exhausted.

I would love to sleep the whole night. That would be just great, too. It's not who you'd think though, it's not Thomas waking me up! Thomas sleeps a whole night, but not Joanna. She wakes 2 times a night at least and fights her nap time like crazy.

Reigning this in to perspective, years from now, when my kids are grown, I'll be trying to schedule time with my kids instead of time away from them. If I'm lucky to live long enough, someone will be changing my diaper and want me to take a nap so they can have a break.