Today, after we ate dinner, I took the kids outside and we played with bubbles. It was FUN. I blew bubbles and had them all over the place. Thomas kept saying "Whoah!" really loudly and running after the one bubble that stayed in the air the longest. Joanna helped blow bubbles too. She held the wand up to Thomas' mouth, but instead of blowing he attempted to eat it.
Joanna has been feeding the dogs. She carries the food all the way across the yard and dumps it into the dish. Today, there was some rain left in the bowl and I didn't walk all the way out with her this time. The dogs had a little "gravy" tonight. They didn't mind. It gave me a good opportunity to tell her that we like to make sure the bowl is clean first!
Thomas likes to get into the dog food and pick pieces out and throw them on the ground. Joanna liked the same thing at that age. It is funny how they are interested in the same things at similar age. Today, this was not that funny because I figured out the dogs bowl had water in it when I caught up with Thomas in the dog dish. Ew. He had dog food gravy on his hand!
It's not that I wasn't paying attention! Joanna can say "Watch this, Mommy!" and I turn my head and Thomas is off doing something else in 10 seconds. These kids are like lighting bolts.
Joanna's been doing a lot of the attention getting lately. She asks us to watch something she is doing such as hopping on one foot and jumping over things or tossing a ball. It's just something new and she wants us to see!
Thomas is starting to be really specific about things he wants. He can grab a banana off the counter by himself. He either beats it to a pulp or bites into it if you don't find him in time! He points to foods on our shelf that he wants to eat. He goes for the cups when he is thirsty. Or, of anyone's cup is near he goes for it. He loves this show "Little Einsteins" a series of cartoons made by the same producers of "Baby Einstein" movies. He gets engrossed in an episode You can't pull him away from it. I stop the DVD right after an episode ends or another one will start! He gets upset if you tear him away from it! It is a great show, but like anything...moderation must be applied!