photo
Yesterday Thomas went to the ER for the first time and Joanna prayed by herself...not necessarily for the same reason. We started out an early Saturday at a lovely birthday party for Joanna's friend. Thomas tried to drive a toy car off the deck stairs and landed on his nose at the bottom. He cried and cried! Thankfully, he turned out to be just fine.
Our friends were great about helping me take care of Thomas. We hung out in the rocking chair in their son's room as Thomas ate pop-ices and they gave us Baby Advil and helped with Joanna. Thomas took a long time to calm down, but eventually he was ready to play, but I was ready to take him to the ER. I dropped Joanna off at home, much to her protest! She wanted to go to the doctor, too! Thomas was not feeling good at all, but he was still a handful all by himself. He got looked at, cleaned up, x-rayed, and looked at again. We are so glad he had no broken bones and needed no stitches--surprising for how awful he looked!
Later in the evening, I asked Joanna about the party because I know she still had fun while I was tending to Thomas. She recalled Thomas hurting himself. "How did you decorate your cupcake," I asked. "I put purple lips on it," She said so matter-of-factually. How sweet! A few minutes later I overheard her praying "...and Miss Judy, and Thomas, and Chris and Tracy... Amen."