Last Monday I saw dr dewese for medicine and he gave me something to take at night, to call in 2 days. I reported that it wasn't effective on Wednesday. Through leaving messages we ended up on Thursday that Dr D would defer to the pain consultants appointment. I have continued taking the meds hoping it would help in the meantime waiting for the appointment on 8/08.
On 8/08, I visited the Pain Consultants of East TN, and ultimately scheduled an SI injection on 9/16 and 9/21. But that is based on the doctor availability after 9/11 when the insurance begins to pay for this whole process and nerve ablation. A staff member estimated the cost of 490 for one SI injection, to pay out of pocket to get this earlier than insurance coverage begins. There may be an earlier appointment with a different doctor.
I had asked if there was anything that could be done in the meantime, and described the problem of not sleeping, and he said just said that was it. I think there might be a problem, because I asked the nurse to speak to him about medication. She took my question and said they had an order for the procedure only and they couldn't talk about medicine.
I looked back at my patients portal record of the 8/01 visit and I saw dr l's notes for referral for procedure and pain management.
I will talk to someone at PC tomorrow to find out if they have that on the referral order or not. Obviously it was his intention, but was not realized.
-Amy