Friday, January 1, 2010

2009 Year in Review part 2

April 2009

On April 4th it was Jason versus the tree and the tree won. On Sunday,
I took him to the ER.
The doctor at his follow-up appointment was very surprised at how
swollen his ankle was!

May 2009


The ultrasound! We learned that we were having a boy and it occured to me that I wanted to name him Thomas as soon as I found out. (I actually thought of "Tommy" but I'm not big on nickname-sounding names.) I spent the next several months saying we were still thinking of names, and I may have changed my mind, but I didn't.

My great aunt Jo passed away and I attended her funeral on the 6th.
On the 15th, Brenda told me she had a dream I would name my baby
something that meant "genuine jewel."
I looked up the names that meant this and they were pretty silly.
Joanna stood up on the dining room table after she climbed up into the
chair. I was pretty convincing that she shouldn't do that again!
On the 16th, Dad, Brenda, and Caronna watched Joanna while Jason and I
went to see "Taken" and went shopping.
On the 17th, Joanna and I went to visit mom after church while Jason
did the grocery shopping.

On the 23rd, we left for vacation to Hilton Head.

June 2009


Attended Ashley's shower.
We refinanced our home mortgage.
Sheryl took Joanna to the movies.

July 2009


Started looking into new phone plans. I got tired of paying over 80
bucks every month! The phone company lowered the cost to $72 (after
allt axes and fees) and I put up with the phone bill a few more months
until I found something new.
Started doing the fetal movement chart to keep track of the baby's activity.
Ashley watched Joanna for a week and both seemed to have fun.
Brenda watched Joanna for several days later in the month.
Our sunday school friends had their baby.
I went to a meeting in Chattanooga.
I finished up a web site redesign at work and had some friends from
the non-profit organization review it for me.
We went to see Harry Potter!
Ashley's baby was born!
My obgyn changed practices and we had to deal a little bit with
refunds and payments.

August 2009


We watched "The Hurt Locker" and ate out at a Japanese buffet.
I had plans to tour the hospital but totally forgot!
I got my hair cut! It was soooo long.

September 2009


Jason, Jon, and Dewayne went to the UTvs W KY game.
Attended Stephens Family Reunion.
September 9, I thought surely I would go into labor, but not. It was Labor Day!
On the 15th, Thomas Michael was born!

October 2009


Joanna turned two!
Joanna and Thomas had checkups.
Joanna got Swine Flu.

November 2009


Jon left for boot camp.

I had a birthday.