instead to throw off telemarketers. Jason likes this about his name.
I'll occasionally call him his first and middle name, then. I don't
think it will be too easy to change what I call him.
Thomas is standing up from a seated position on my lap if I'm holding his hands.
Joanna is talking in paragraphs and relating stories, with some
embellishment. This morning, I was taking her across the street and we saw
a robin. It was a plump little bird. I stopped and pointed out the bird,
that it was called a Robin and to look at it's fat red belly. I inched us
closer to the bird explaining to be quite and we could see how close we'd
get. It pooped! I pointed that out and it flew into the yard and then on
the house. She pointed out the bird's activities and when we got to the
neighbors, she told Ed all about the bird and what it did. She would add
"and now" between each thing.
We had our photo made yesterday. She was really good!
Last night, I told her if she went back to sleep when she woke up during
the night, I'd give her a prize in the morning. She liked the idea. When
she woke up in the early AM, she remembered when I reminded her about the
prize and went back to sleep, a later wakening was a little less
successful, but she drifted off eventually, with my help. She woke happy
in the AM and I gave her the prize. I wanted her to know that I did not
forget, even if she had. It was a bath sponge and her own shower gel. She
asked to take a bath just before this and what wonderful timing. She liked
sudsing up the bath poof and getting all sudzy. She even hung the poof up
on the bath spout.
She's getting better somewhat about crying when we put lotion on.
-Amy