Tuesday, June 29, 2010

An evening with the kids


Joanna thought it'd be cute to sit on him, I guess. While I don't want to condone the behavior, I could not resist snapping a picture.


And check out the cleaned couches and carpet in the photo, would you?
Jason steam cleaned our couches and carpets. He also steam cleaned a potential replacement couch, but we decided to keep our current couches in the end.

My hubby had to work late. It happens sometimes. I enjoyed a simple evening with the kids. Tomorrow will be busy enough. Dinner was simple, fish, peas and rice--leftovers happily eaten. Milk for some. Joanna had her late night snack of chicken nuggets. She asked for them like this: "Can I have some chicken nuggets, not cut up? But, like snakes?" I'll explain. Snakes meant long. She's referring to how we make play-dough snakes, I think. The chicken nuggets in question are actually "chicken strips" which are actually just elongated chicken nuggets. Marketing is confusing for toddlers. Chicken is chicken. Well, sometimes fish is chicken. Shoot, sometimes even shrimp is chicken. I think beef might have been dubbed chicken at some point. No wonder people think kids like only chicken. I think somewhere in the jumble of things they learn all meat is called chicken. I'll even tell her what she's eating. "Here's some fish." Two minutes later, she'll say, "That chicken is really yummy."

Thomas is really getting mobile. He's trying to jump around in the bath tub! He's grabbing the sides of the tub and trying to get up and sloshes back down. I'm worried this kid's going to take a spill. I guess they all do. I sat him down in the bathroom floor as I got Joanna ready to go in the bath and he busied himself with the cabinet doors and took off after the big door, too. I'm most certainly keeping my eyes peeled and on him. He is really a busy boy.