Thursday, July 1, 2010

God has a plan

Do you believe God has a plan for you? He tells you he does.
God's word: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 (New International Version)
Do you believe what God says?

Think about this: Not only does God have plans for you he has plans for the person beside you, too. Yes, the person sitting next to you. Did you think they were a part of God's plan for you, or God's plan for them?
God is wildly enthusiastic about each one of us and has a plan for every individual.
I'm so glad. I'm really glad we aren't going on my plan. I'd sure mess it up. But isn't that how I act sometimes--mad when I don't get my way? How about God's way?
 
I'm sure that verse is quoted a lot. It came to my mind when I had a fleeting thought about letting go of some bitterness. The person beside me is under God's control, not mine. I can't control their actions, so why should I be bitter that they didn't act as I wished they would? It's really hard to let go of bitterness even when you can't put your finger on all those crappy things over years and years. I'm glad I learned that bitterness steals peace. It makes me want to let it go. After all, I want that peace bad. It's worth getting, so it's worth letting go. Let it go and don't pick it back up!