Today, Joanna woke up and said Jesus is happy to see Pappy and Chris and Tracy. She is so loving and thinks of people all the time. She talks about people she hasn't seen in a while, brings them up on all sorts of contexts. But, it was weird being the first thing she said when she woke up.
Earlier this week, Joanna said to Nana: "Pappy sees me taking a nap on Nana's bed." Aww!
Tonight, I was showing Joanna photos on Facebook and someone had added my name to a photo of the Letcher family and friends but I wasn't in it. I was so glad to see the picture, though. A heavenly "mistake", I'm sure. Joanna saw the picture and her face lit up. She said "Hey! That's Pappy! That's my Pappy. I'm going to grow up just like Pappy and just like Mommy."
I can't help but be a little sad today. I miss Pappy, too. I sure love his family. What a wonderful blessing. It makes me really grateful to God for putting our families together. It is truly a gift. I can't even put words on it.