The truth of numbers depends on when a story was written, I guess!
The Keen Oberver Website posted, "Haslam won the fifty percent of the Republican primary vote." http://www.keenobservers.com/2233/bill-haslam-wins-the-tennessee-election/
WATE News' article says "Haslam defeated Rep. Zach Wamp, Lt. Gov. Ron Ramsey and two others by taking 47 percent of the Republican vote."
http://www.wate.com/Global/story.asp?S=12924871
WATE has a chart posting all the election results at http://www.wate.net/news/election/august-2010/tennessee which I found to be helpful.
I found the first article reporting "50%" from my search online. I enjoyed reading the article. It seemed well written. However, now that I have read different articles, one difference jumped out at me: 50 percent and it seemed final. It makes me discount the other things in that article. I'm disappointed. Who is right? I had to go read a third article.
This third article from the AP reports 52 percent, which wasn't the final number either. However, the article said that 2 percent of the precincts had reported at the time the article was written. I can respect that.
http://www.wbir.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=129705&catid=2