Saturday, July 31, 2010
"Not 2 Snakes"
Joanna asked me for a hot dog for breakfast today. She said "I want a hotdog--like a snake. Not two snakes. Just one snake." Exact words. Here's the story. I used to cut up the hotdog for her. But not anymore. The first time she described the way she wanted to have the hotdog whole, she asked for a hotdog "like a snake." This went on a couple of times. I thought "How observant and smart she is!" Jason and I went out on a date and Granny watched the kids. Joanna asked her for a hotdog like a snake. She called us to find out what that meant. (This was really thoughtful and funny at the same time.) She warmed up the hotdog and got it a little too hot so she cut the hotdog in half, longways, to help it cool off. She told Joanna it was two snakes. (Sounds reasonable, right? Joanna ate the hotdog. Now, though, Joanna adds more specifics to her request for a hotdog. "I want a hotdog--like a snake. Not two snakes. Just one snake."