Saturday, October 2, 2010

Poo on Saturday

Joanna went poo in the potty today. Twice. Without help. All by herself! Nobody even asked her to go. She is just growing up! Hooray.

This morning, Joanna woke up early and went potty and then went back to sleep. Thomas woke up at 7:15 and I got up and we went to the grocery store. I was out of coffee filters and I just had to get that checked  off my things to do list right away! We had a neat time. I don't recall taking only Thomas to the store with me. I enjoyed that time with him this morning. He said "bye bye" and waved to the cashiers. That was really neat. 

Thursday night, Thomas signed "more" and "finished" at dinner. He was mimicking us, but he was doing it alright! 

We arrived home and were greeted by Joanna. She had only been up a few minutes. She was cuddling with Daddy. She had already got out of bed by herself, gone potty and also poo-poo too! All by herself! She told Jason about going potty, but he didn't know she'd done number two. So anyway, I came in and she helped me bring in a couple small bags. After we got the bags in, I saw the poo and I was so happy for her! We got really excited and gave each other "five" and dumped the potty chair contents into the toilet and Joanna flushed it down and we said bye bye to the poo poo. Yay! We washed our hands and Joanna got two pieces of chocolate (Hershey kisses). Later just before nap time, she went in the bathroom unannounced and went poo poo again. I told her she could have her two chocolates after nap and she went along with the idea. 

She was really geared up today before nap, I mean, going potty is exciting! So, it was hard for her to get settled down. I did let her watch Nemo to fall asleep. I usually just read to her and we cuddle, but that really wasn't working today. Within a few minutes of simply staying still to watch Nemo she was out.

Once she was asleep, I put the two chocolates in her little pocketbook with her small bubbles as a surprise. She liked that and carried her purse for a while and wanted to take it with us when we left for the balloon festival. She ate one chocolate at home and one in the car.